ISO 45001 Certification
45001 is an international standard that defines the requirements for an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S), with guidelines for its use, to enable an organization to proactively improve occupational health and safety performance in preventing injury and ill health. The goal of ISO 45001 is to be applicable to any enterprise regardless of its size, type and nature. ISO 45001 enables any enterprise, through an occupational health and safety management system, to integrate other aspects of Health and safety, such as the well-being / welfare of workers; however, it should be noted that any organization can be required by the established legal requirements to address such issues as well, it provides a framework for organizations to instigate proper and effective management of Health and safety in the workplace. By having a clearly defined management system to identify and control health and safety risks.
What is the importance of ISO 9001 certification
In a highly competitive market, it becomes very difficult for most companies to stay relevant. With increasing consumption, demand and customer expectations are increasing exponentially. Organizations are needed now to ensure that they can work smoothly even in times of crisis. Customers, workforce and stakeholders need to ensure that their safety is taken care of. The best thing about ISO 45001 is that it can be applied to industries of any kind.
Requirements for obtaining ISO 45001 certification:
Once you have an ISO 45001 Management System, certification becomes fairly straightforward.
The international standards organization (ISO) does not actually offer certification, so if you want to get certified, you should hire an accredited third party.
Here are the basic steps to obtaining ISO 45001 certification:
– Development and implementation of ISO 45001 management system
– Schedule an audit appointment with an authorized third party.
– The auditor will review your processes and execution to ensure your compliance
-If necessary, fix any compliance issues identified in the review
-Once all the requirements are met, you will receive an ISO 45001 certificate
Benefits of ISO 45001: 2018
In a competitive market, your customers are looking for more than just eager prices from their suppliers. Companies need to prove that their business is managed efficiently and responsibly and that they can provide reliable service without excessive downtime caused by work-related accidents and incidents. The adoption of your ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and safety management system enables your organization to prove that it complies with the specifications and provides the following benefits:
– Customer satisfaction through the delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements while maintaining their health and property.
– Lower operating costs by reducing downtime through accidents and ill health and reducing costs associated with legal fees and compensation.
– Improve stakeholder relations by protecting the health and property of employees, customers and suppliers.
– Legal compliance by understanding how legal and regulatory requirements affect the organization and its customers.
– Improve risk management through the clear identification of possible incidents and the implementation of controls and measures.
– Proven business credentials – through independent verification according to recognized standards
– The ability to earn more business, especially when the purchase specifications require certification as a condition of supply.